It is always a good thing to save money for the future. You will never be able to predict exactly when you will need to use it and I can tell you it is never a good thing to need money and not have any set back when a need arises.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when saving for the future.
* Tax Deferred Accounts (401k, Fixed Annuity) should not be the first place to save for the future.
* Pay yourself first and put that money in a safe but liquid account for easy access.
* Establish a few accounts that offer a range of flexibility of earnings, safety and liquidity.
* Don’t over deposit into the 401k.
* Do take advantage of the maximum deposit your employer places into your 401k.
* Alternative Investments are not bad
* Alternative Investments are not All Good.
* Hire a coach that only has Your Interests in mind. Use your coach as a mediator when looking at new plans. Remember, Agents are Salespeople and Most Advisers are too.
* Understand Completely how your money will be used to cover FEES and Taxes.
To recap, never go alone when it comes to you money and you future and Always employ the time of a person who understands the maze of financial options available, understands your goals completely and works with you to insure that you have the Best plan to acheive your dreams.